A Smart Rural Region is anyone or grouping of communities, large or small, central or remote, that enjoys the economic development, job growth and social prosperity that bloom when software applications are used to engage the energy of all sectors of the community.
- Broadband: The next essential utility, after hydro
- Innovation: Ecosystems charge the community
- Knowledge Workforce: The value-add of skill
- Digital Equality: Broadband not available to all
- Sustainability: Reduced environmental impact
“Broadband is an essential human right”– Suvi Linden, UN Broadband Commission